Nothing as exciting as Anti-Crash Technology (ACT) has happened to entry-level radio-controlled planes since HobbyZone was introduced.
Here’s how it works:
Two sensors on the fuselage, one on the top and one on the bottom, monitor the position of the plane in relation to the ground. When the plane is flying level, the top sensor sees the sky while the bottom sensor sees the ground, and they tell the onboard computer (receiver) that the plane is flying correctly. If the plane enters a severe dive, the sensors detect the change in orientation and react to the danger that the plane is then in. The software in the receiver will temporarily cut the motor and correct the severe angle and pitch of
the plane. This causes the nose to come up and pulls the plane out of the dive to help prevent the plane from crashing. The pilot is then able to regain control. If pilots are flying correctly and do not put the plane into a severe dive situation while ACT is engaged, they will have complete control of the plane’s flight pattern. Once users gain experience flying, they can turn ACT off.
Now, you can take advantage of this technological development by purchasing a Firebird Commander® 2. This plane comes with everything that you need to teach yourself how to fly, including a battery pack for the plane, batteries for the transmitter, and an instructional video and manual. All of this, including the revolutionary Anti-Crash Technology, makes a price of less than $100 seem like a steal. And, with the ability to shut ACT off, it’s like you get two planes in one. You can learn to fly with ACT engaged, and then shut it off to fly more aggressively and to use X-Port™ modules, such as the Aerial Drop Module™
(HBZ6023), Sonic Combat Module™ (HBZ4020) or the Night Flight Module™
(HBZ3510). Because flying at night is very difficult, you should be quite experienced before you attempt to use this module and the ACT software should be shut off. For more information about these exciting modules, please search for them at www.horizonhobby.com.
If you are new to RC flight, check out our new Blog, The Runway.
- Anti-Crash Technology (ACT) so learning to fly is easy and safe
- One-box purchase—everything needed to fly comes in the box, including batteries
- Powerful 380 motor enables great climb rate and power
- Two transmitter-selectable flight modes, ACT "on" or "off", so pilots can select the appropriate level of control for their skill level
- Detailed instruction manual and video CD
- X-Port™ technology equipped for use with Sonic Combat Module™, Aerial Drop Module™ or Night Flight Module™
- Soft nose provides added durability in the case of a hard landing or crash.
- Rechargeable 6-cell 7.2V 1000mAh Ni-MH battery pack
- AC wall charger charges battery pack within three hours
- Fully proportional 2-channel FM radio system with six frequencies
- Wingspan: 40.0 in/1020mm
- Overall Length: 30.5 in/770mm
- Flying Weight: 17 oz/480 g
- Motor Size: 380 Power
- Radio: FM 2-channel proportional
- Trim Scheme Colors: White/blue/black
- Recommended Battery: 6-cell 7.2V 900mAh Ni-MH (included)
- Approx. Assembly Time: 2 minutes, and 40 minutes or less to charge the battery
- Transmitter Range: 2500 ft
- Available Frequencies: 6 frequencies on 27MHz
- X-Port: Yes
- Anti-Crash Technology: Yes
- Charger: AC wall charger with timer and LED
- Landing Gear: Yes
- Steering: Proportional
- Everything you need to get your Firebird Commander 2 in the air is included in the box!